KYBELLA® Injectable Neck Contouring
No surgery · No downtime · No more double chin
Are you struggling with your self image? Do you avoid taking pictures because you’re self-conscious about your double chin? You’re not alone. An astounding 68 percent of people say they’re bothered by having a double chin, according to a survey conducted by the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery.
Unfortunately, many men and women have no control over the appearance of a double chin (or submental fullness), due to aging and genetics. Some develop a double chin as a result of weight gain, but the reversal is more complicated than dropping a few unwanted pounds.
For over 50 years, the mission of the Vein Centers of Connecticut has been to improve the lives of their patients. If you are searching for a way to eliminate your double chin, we are proud to offer a new, non-surgical injectable treatment using a groundbreaking new product. KYBELLA® from Allergan is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment for permanently reducing submental fullness or “double chin”.
The injection of deoxycholic acid, a compound naturally occurring in the body, starts to dissolve fat. In as few as 2-4 treatments, you will begin to notice the skin under your chin tightening as the compound destroys fat cells, eliminating a place for extra fat to accumulate.
Before and After
Actual results of people treated with KYBELLA®. Individual results may vary.
How Does It Work?
The injection process only takes about 20-30 minutes and it is recommended that you return two to four times for the best results; those who have excess fat pockets under the chin may need more. Injections should be spaced out four to eight weeks apart and retreatment is uncommon once the expected result is achieved.
Side effects include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, or hardening in the treatment area, and typically lessen in 24 hours.
This new, non-invasive treatment process can help you regain control of your appearance. Schedule your first KYBELLA® treatment session today.
Multiple clinical studies, involving 2,600 patients, support KYBELLA’s® effectiveness. Yet, patients are advised of the following:
- It is not known whether KYBELLA® is safe for use outside the submental area.
- It is not known if KYBELLA® is safe for those under 18 years of age.
- Patients having an infection in the treatment area should not receive KYBELLA®.
- KYBELLA® is associated with serious side effects, including difficulty swallowing and nerve injury to the jaw area, which may result in an uneven smile or weak facial muscles.
Patients planning to request KYBELLA® must alert their medical provider to the following:
- If you’ve had or plan to have surgery to your face, neck, or chin.
- If you’ve had cosmetic treatments to the face, neck, or chin.
- If you’ve lived with a medical condition affecting this area.
- If you have or have had trouble swallowing.
- If you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, are breastfeeding, or plan to breastfeed.
- If you use any over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or supplements, including antiplatelets, anticoagulants, or any medicine preventing the blood from clotting.