Latisse for Longer, Fuller, Darker Eyelashes
When you meet a new person, often the first feature you notice is their eyes. What do people see when they look at your eyes? Many women hope for longer, darker eyelashes to enhance this prominent trait; now you can with LATISSE® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03%)! LATISSE® is the first FDA-approved prescription treatment for inadequate or lack of lashes, called hypotrichosis; LATISSE® is proven to grow the eyelashes longer, thicker and darker.
Actual LATISSE® patient without mascara—lashes not retouched.
How Does LATISSE® Work?
While there is no clear medical explanation of how this product works, doctors believe that the growth cycle of our eyelashes is extended to allow for more hairs to grow. When you receive your LATISSE® prescription, a Vein Centers of Connecticut clinician will teach you how to properly apply the treatment at the base of your upper eyelashes. Patients should use LATISSE® nightly for a total of 16 weeks to see full results. Over the 16-week period, you should begin to see gradual changes in your lashes until the desired results are achieved.
Important Safety Information
- If you have used or are currently using prescription products for an eye pressure problem, consult with your doctor before using LATISSE®.
- Patients with glaucoma should check with a doctor before using LATISSE®.
- LATISSE® may cause increased brown pigmentation of the colored part of the eye, which is likely permanent, and eyelid skin darkening, which may be reversible.
- Only apply LATISSE® at the base of the upper eyelashes, NOT the lower eyelid. If LATISSE® comes in contact with other skin areas, hair growth may occur.
- If you wear contacts, remove them 15 minutes before applying LATISSE®.
- If you develop or experience any eye problems while using LATISSE®, call your doctor right away before continuing use.
- If you have eye surgery, consult with your doctor about the continued use of LATISSE®.
- The most common side effects after using LATISSE® are itchy eyes and redness.
- If use is discontinued, you can expect lashes to gradually return to their previous appearance.
- Full Prescribing Information has been provided to your doctor.
Individual results may vary.
Is LATISSE® Proven to Be Effective?
In a clinical trial, participants noticed their lashes were 25 percent longer, 106 percent fuller and 18 percent darker after using this product. If you stop using LATISSE®, your eyelashes are expected to return to their previous appearance over several weeks to months.
It is possible for a difference in eyelash length, thickness, fullness, pigmentation (darkness), number of eyelash hairs and/or direction of eyelash growth to occur between eyes; results may vary for each eye. Should these differences occur, they will usually go away once you stop using LATISSE®.
If you’re one of the many women who desire longer eyelashes, contact us today to learn more about LATISSE®.